ESPRESSO
Roasters Selection: Guji

SINGLE ORIGIN - ESPRESSO

For Roasters Selection blends this month, we have chosen to create a blend of our favourite washed and natural lots of the 2020 harvest from Guji, in southern Ethiopia. These lots, named ‘White’, ‘Red’ and ‘Purple’ are named for the colours and styles of fruits we see in their respective flavour profiles. Roasted for preparation as an espresso, this expression of our Guji ‘Roasters Selection’ has 60% of the washed processed White lot, with the remaining 40% a combination of the Red and Purple natural lots.

This special selection of Ethiopian heirloom lots is characterised by notes of fruit and chocolate. A raspberry note on the first sip settles into a yellow peach note as the espresso cools, accompanied by a milk chocolate note and a hint of raw sugar on the finish.

Clear

  • Flavour profile

    Raspberry
    Yellow peach
    Milk chocolate
    Raw sugar

    Flavour
    Body
    Aroma
  • Brew guide
    AGE BEST USED
    14-30 days after roast
    METHOD
    Espresso
    DOSE
    20g
    EXTRACTION VOLUME
    37g
    EXTRACTION TIME
    26-31 seconds
    TEMPERATURE
    93.5°C
  • Origin
    • Ethiopia (100%)
      CountryETHIOPIA
      FarmVarious
      ProducerVarious
      RegionGuji, Kochere, Yirgacheffe
      VarietalHeirloom
      ProcessWashed (60%), Natural (40%)
      Altitude1950-2300masl