OUT OF STOCK
The original ONA Coffee Distributor (OCD) was first conceived by World Barista Champion, Sasa Sestic, in 2012. In the years since its conception, the OCD has evolved into so much more. After thorough research, design and testing . . . the OCD was first released in January 2016 and is sold worldwide.
Making delicious coffee is all about understanding and taking control of the variables. Distribution is a major variables that impacts on quality and consistency. That is, until the invention of the OCD. View video
- The OCD has four angled slopes that consistently, efficiently and evenly glides the coffee around in a circle to create a puck of even density. No more inconsistencies between baristas’ distribution or lack of distribution in the café.
- The OCD creates a perfectly flat surface to tamp upon, creating more consistent puck density. No human has a perfectly straight finger, some baristas leave a slight mound or divot in the coffee, which means they tamp down inconsistencies in the puck density.
- The OCD can be adjusted to suit a range of doses, depending on specific roasting styles. This tool can even suit those using very low doses or larger baskets.
- No more dirty, cracked coffee fingers after a day of service on the espresso machine.
- No need to collapse the dose. After extensive taste testing with multiple coffees and different roasting styles, we have found any form of collapsing to stratify grinds, creating very inconsistent extraction & qualities of taste (separate to yield). Each barista will also collapse differently, creating yet another inconsistency in the café. The OCD takes the same time to create a more even & consistent puck, giving more consistent & delicious extractions.
- Less channelling & micro-channelling, improper or rushed distribution, is more likely to channel which is disastrous to taste. Micro-channelling is also difficult to visually identify & is more likely to happen with inconsistent or no distribution – the OCD will remove this variable.
OCD test results
For all enquiries, technical questions, test results & wholesale pricing, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02 6162 3321.